Memorial Hut Rates
Memorial Hut is a gateway to the wide range of experiences that the Tongariro National Park has to offer.
For safety reasons, bookings must be for the entire Hut (not per room) with one group using the hut at any one time.
You are responsible for your own food, cooking and cleaning the lodge on your departure.
Current rates have been set as follows:
- $300/night + GST for CPSACT member schools and staff
- $400/night + GST for other Taupo District school
- $500/night + GST for schools outside the Taupo district
- $1000/night + GST for non-school users
To utilise the school rate all bookings must be made by a current school employee through an official school email address.
Booking preference will be given to stakeholder schools. If there is time available after the stakeholder school bookings are made, the booking system can be open to the public.
Cleaning gear, cooking, crockery and cutlery are provided in the Hut. Rubbish and all food must be removed when you leave. Don't forget toilet paper for your group - leaves are scarse at altitude!
All bookings are to be made through the booking system. All bookings must be secured with a bank deposit of the full payment, overnight, at the time of reservation to secure the booking. Check in time is from 2pm onwards and check out time is midday.
A cleaning fee of $500 will be charged if the facility is not left in a clean and tidy way.
- A full refund will be received will only be given if the Bruce Road is closed and access to the lodge is impossible.
- Refunds or cancellations for any other extreme circumstance must be made in writing to the committee within 7 days with the reason for the cancellation. Any refunds are at the discretion of the committee.
- Once trips have started no refunds will be given unless Memorial Lodge or the mountain need to be evacuated.